A Winnowing

In husks beautifully
Hidden, bursting forth
Through the breach
Long opened in my
Body broken to heal
Your every division.

A Winnowing was written in response to the d’Verse quadrille prompt with its roots resting in these Words.

A quadrille is a poem of 44 words (excluding the title), and it can take any form. This week’s challenge was to use the word ‘seed’ in a quadrille.

18 thoughts on “A Winnowing

1. Evan Schleicher May 4, 2021 / 12:29 pm

I love the line “Each point of collision/a lifting”! Excellent work!

• Anna Smit May 4, 2021 / 2:31 pm

Thank you. It was fun writing it and seeing it come to life.

2. Bettie G May 4, 2021 / 3:02 pm

Beautiful! I was so touched by the picture of the winnowing.

• Anna Smit May 4, 2021 / 3:16 pm

It was so funny because after emailing you that verse last night about winnowing and scattering, I went to sleep feeling the need to look up Micah 2:5, with this vision of a baby growing in my womb. I did so in the morning and it so affirmed all we have been sharing to and fro and then I discovered today’s d’Verse prompt was “seed”. This all also made me remember your dream of holding a baby under an archway/porch and us finally meeting.

Liked by 1 person

• Bettie G May 4, 2021 / 8:05 pm

So, amazing, how He brought everything together–even His winnowing right there in the weaving of our meeting. Only God. Love you dear friend!

Liked by 1 person

3. Ingrid May 4, 2021 / 5:36 pm

Such compassionate and healing words! Lovely 🙂

4. merrildsmith May 4, 2021 / 5:46 pm

A poignant poem–those last four lines are moving and hopeful.

• Anna Smit May 4, 2021 / 6:00 pm

Yes! I believe when we look back upon every collision/breaking we have walked through, we can see beauty unveiling right there.

Thankful for your beautifully timed prompt. It was a gift.

Liked by 1 person

• Anna Smit May 4, 2021 / 10:31 pm

You’ve really caught something there, Björn. That urgency is from the seed’s perspective, isn’t it? While the winnower is so patient and practiced at what he has done so many times before. And yet he kneels down to the seed’s perspective, to walk him through it.

5. debbiemichael May 5, 2021 / 2:32 am

I have had a Sacred Echo of “winnowing” lately. This Divine divide. There is an urgency in the timing of the seeds, and our yielding to Him. I love your work, Anna, and your obedience to share.

• Anna Smit May 5, 2021 / 8:58 am

Thank you for sharing, Debbie. I love how God affirms His Word to us.

6. Arcadia Maria May 5, 2021 / 5:36 pm

Lovely poem with beautiful words

• Anna Smit May 5, 2021 / 7:38 pm

Thank you for your sweet comment and visiting.